DEFCON may be canceled but we are still doing a badge and will be giving a bunch away around the US. Just like last year, we want to give badges to hackers doing cool things. We have a few sponsors again but we need your help. Support the project as a philanthropist and we will set aside a badge just for you.
There are several things you should understand before shutting up and giving us your money.
- The design is still not Bender themed.
- Due to supply chain issues and long assembly times badges will hopefully be shipped early August. Our goal is to get them to you while DEFCON is in safemode but there are a lot of variables at play here.
- Due to strict NDAs pictures are not available at this time.
All badges will be shipped individually and can only be shipped to US and Canada addresses.
Ensure your address will work for you in August.
- If you miss out on the sale or want a chance at a free one we are planning drops around the US - you read that right.
- There are fewer badges this year than previous years. Logistically we could not manufacture the same number safely.
- We are selling 40% of our total quantity. In other words, 60% are being given away thanks to you and our sponsors.
- We will charge your card now as a philanthropist and ship your reward (badge) in early August.
- Please only one badge per person/address so others get a chance. We will cancel multiple orders if necessary.
Now that the fine print is out of the way, here's what we can say:
- The badge has another kickass design this year and is made for our new socially distant dystopia
- Bling has been turned up to 11.
- The badge CTF is back as Badge Enabled Non Directive Enigma Routine Portable Interface SyStem (BENDERPISS).
- There will be an online and social aspect to the badge
- We're bending light again
- Hardware hacking is a passion of ours, we hope you'll learn something
- The badge is heavier this year, use it for neck weight training for DC29.
- SD cards still suck
We are sad we don't get to see these awesome badges around Vegas. Our hope is when we can meet again in person you will wear them.