We want to give badges to hackers doing cool things. Sponsors came up big for us this year but we need your help to close the gap. Support the project as a philanthropist and we will set aside a badge just for you. As a philanthropist you’re helping us acquire additional badges, surprise REDACTED snack related activities for everyone at DEF CON, and many sleepless nights for us... to do what we love doing, giving these away for free.
There are several things you should understand before shutting up and giving us your money.
- This year is NOT a traditional “electronic badge” as you have seen from us in the past. However, it is...
- Not an analog DIY 555 timer wrapped in crypto lulz
- Digitally electronic, hackable via micropython (the language of neckbeards), has radios, & it can and should be used as a tool for shenanigans
Due to the ongoing supply chain shortage of components, we instead have taken an existing consumer device and rewritten the firmware & software to be more
shadyeducational, so obviously there is no custom PCB artwork, however it is still wearable from a lanyard.
- There will still be hacker challenges
- We hope to ship it by the end of July. No pickups in Vegas.
- If you don't like this, that's okay, you can chance it at the con. Many of the badges will be given away for various hacking challenges or just randomly.
Special thanks to this year's sponsor: Urbane, let’s celebrate them w00w00!